BorderLands 2 – Golden Key Hack and Others
Golden Key Hack for BorderLands (PC Game):
The Golden Key is a rare item that unlocks a special Golden Chest in the friendly city of Sanctuary.
You got a Golden Key in your profile – what to do with it?
You need to work your way to the city of Sanctuary. This should take you about three hours (two hours to play through the missions leading up to Sanctuary).
The chest is near the center of town, near the teleport system.
The loot inside the Golden Chest is always of “very rare” (purple) quality and scaled to your character’s level at the moment you open the chest.
If you’ve only got one Key – please follow my instructions below to hopefully not lose it.
* You cannot trade or sell Golden Keys.
This hack works by not showing the game system that you used your golden key.
How ever many you currently have. You can continue to reuse them each time you login back into the Character without any issues.
- Turn off BorderLands 2 the PC Game.
- Go to in file explorer: C:\My Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\(folder with a bunch of numbers)\
- Look for the file: profile.bin
- Right click on file: profile.bin and choose Properties.
- Checkmark “Read-only” and choose “Apply” – then OK.
- If nervous about this whole thing – make a backup copy of the file and store it elsewhere.
Golden Keys – it should be safe to use your golden keys. When you log off Character and back again – you will get them back to use again.
- Try it out – use 1 Golden Key – get times.
- Save Game – Exit Game
- Restart Game – go back to the same Character and see how many Golden Keys you still have – it should be the same.
- You can do this as many times as you wish.
- No promises – that future patches will disable this feature.
Enter New Golden Key Codes & other Codes:
- Remember – when you add new keys – you must make the file: profile.bin not “read-only” before you enter new codes!
- Then once you verify that you have the new key(s) – turn the file back to “read-only”
- Each time you change the file from “read-only” to not “read-only” the game must be turned off!
Getting Golden Keys
There are multiple ways to get a Golden Key.
Certain retailers gave a DLC code to people who pre-ordered the game that included a Golden Key.
You can also sign-up for the Gearbox Shift program that is found under the “Extras” menu in-game to get a Golden Key. Gearbox has also stated they are planning on giving away more Golden Keys through future promotions and events.
The news ticker at the Borderlands 2 menus will provide more information about the Golden Key promotions and events.
Facebook – search BorderLands 2 – office site
Other Hacks and information for BoarderLands 2 – PC Game
- “Fright Of The Bumblebee” costume for Siren (Maya): Enter “WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T” as a Shift code
- “Hornet’s Nest” costume for Assassin (Zer0): Enter “5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF” as a Shift code
- “Killer Bee” costume for Gunzerker (Salvador): Enter “CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW” as a Shift code
- “Stinger Missile” costume for Mechromancer (Gaige): Enter “W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6” as a Shift code
- “Yellowjacket” costume for Commando (Axton): Enter “KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H” as a Shift code
Farming for Orange Gears
The following locations are more likely you will find Orange Legendary Drops:
Hammer Buster – McNally, The Dust (Mission: The Bane)
KerBlaster – Midge-mong, Southern Shelf
Madhous! – Mad Dog, Lynchwood
Shredifier – Bonehead 2.0, Arid Nexus
Veruc (Slag) – Mobley, The Dust
Legendary (Siren/Commando/Gunzerker/Assassin) – Vermivorous the Invincible, Tundra Express and Caustic Caverns
Slayer Of Terramorphous (Siren/Commando/Assassin/Gunzerker) – Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
Bonus Package – Boom Bewm, Southern Shelf
Bouncing Bonnie – Loot Midgets
Fastball – Boll, Three Horns
Fire Bee – Unknown
Leech (Fire/Shock/Caustic) – The Warrior, Hero’s Pass
Nasty Surprise – Vermivorous the Invincible, Tundra Express and Caustic Caverns
Pandemic – Badass Constructor
Quasar – Ultimate Badass Varkid
Rolling Thunder – Wilhelm, Snowblind Defile (Mission: A Train To Catch)
Storm Front – Rat Brothers, Bloodshot Stronghold
Gub – Laney, The Fridge
Gunerang – Rakk Man, The Fridge
Hornet – Knuckledragger, Southern Shelf
Infinity (Caustic) – Doc Mercy, Southpaw Steam & Power (Side Mission: Medical Mystery)
Logan’s Gun – Wilhelm, Snowblind Defile (Mission: A Train To Catch)
Maggie – Mick Zafod, The Dust (side with Hodunks)
Thunderball Fists – Captain Flynt, Southern Shelf
Unkempt Harold – Savage Lee, Three Horns
Blood Of Terramorphous – Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
Badaboom – King Mong, Eridium Blight
Bunny – Chubby enemies
Mongol – Dukino’s Mom, Lynchwood
Norfleet – Vermivorous the Invincible, Tundra Express and Caustic Caverns
Nukem – Black Queen, The Dust
Pyrophobia – Incinerator Clayton, Frostburn Canyon (Mission: Cult Following – The Enkindling)
Black Hole – Foreman, Opportunity
Fabled Tortoise – Blue, Caustic Caverns
Hide Of Terramorphous – Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
Impaler – The Warrior, Hero’s Pass
Neogenator – Spycho, Frostburn Canyon
The Bee – Hunter Hellquist, Arid Nexus – Badlands
The Cradle – Henry, Overlook (Side Mission: Best Mother’s Day Ever)
The Sham – BNK3R, The Bunker (Mission: Where Angels Fear To Tread)
The Transformer – Pimon, Wildlife Preserve
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – Chubby enemies
Conferance Call (Fire) – The Warrior, Hero’s Pass
Deliverance – Tumba, Wildlife Preserve
Flakker – The Warrior, Hero’s Pass
Sledge’s Shotgun – Smash Head, The Fridge
Striker – Old Slappy, The Highlands – Outwash
Baby Maker – Madame Von Bartlesby, Tundra Express (Side Mission: You Are Cordially Invited – Party Prep) / Mad Dog, Lynchwood
Bitch – BNK3R, The Bunker (Mission: Where Angels Fear To Tread)
Emperor – The Assassins, Southpaw Steam & Power
Hellfire – Scorch, Frostburn Canyon / The Warrior, Hero’s Pass
Slagga – Hodunk, The Dust
Invader – Saturn, Arid Nexus – Badlands (Mission: Data Mining)
Longbow – Badass Creeper, Caustic Cavern
Lyuda (Slag/Shock) – Gettle, The Dust
Pitchfork (Fire/Slag/Caustic) – Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
Skullmasher – Son Of Mothrakk, Wildlife Preserve
Volcano – The Warrior, Hero’s Pass
In Three Horns Valley, go northwest on the map to the hideout where you fight the Bad Maw boss (the area is right next to the entrance to Bloodshot Stronghold.
Kill Bad Maw, and pick up the Eridium he drops. Then, enter the Bloodshot Stronghold, and choose the “Save and Quit” option. Continue the game, return to
Three Horns Valley, and kill Bad Maw again to get more Eridium. Repeat this as many times as desired.Veteran skins
Have a saved game file from the original Borderlands on your hard drive to unlock the Veteran skins for all four characters using the option found under
the “Extras” menu.
If you keep tipping Moxxi large amounts of money in Sanctuary (over $10,000), she will eventually give you a weapon. Try to tip after she stops talking.
Once you get a weapon from her, you can fast travel to another area and then back to Sanctuary. Keep tipping her again to get another weapon. She only
gives two types of weapons — a fire elemental submachine gun and corrosive elemental submachine gun, but they should always have different stats.